Zebra / Symbol 3600 Series Ultra-Rugged Scanners
When it comes to capturing bar codes in rugged environments like the warehouse or manufacturing plant floor, every second counts—speed and accuracy is directly related to workforce productivity, throughput, and the quality of products and customer service. Our 3600 Ultra-Rugged Scanner Series is the industry’s first ultra-rugged line of corded and cordless industrial handheld scanners that set new benchmarks for rugged design, scanning performance and manageability. The result is unstoppable performance—faster-and-farther-than-ever data capture, with unprecedented scanner uptime and a low total cost of ownership.
The 3600 Ultra-Rugged Series includes:
- LI3608 Corded / LI3678 Cordless – advanced 1D bar code capture
- DS3608-SR Corded / DS3678-SR Cordless – advanced 1D/2D standard range bar code capture from near contact to arm’s length
- DS3608-HP Corded / DS3678-HP Cordless – flexible superior capture of 1D/2D bar codes, photos, signatures, OCR data and documents—complete with processing to provide a sharp, legible image
- DS3608-HD Corded / DS3678-HD Cordless – advanced capture of high-density 1D/2D bar codes common in electronics manufacturing
- DS3608-DP Corded / DS3678-DP Cordless – advanced capture of direct part marks (DPM) common in aeronautics and automotive manufacturing, where end-to-end traceability of all components is required
- DS3608-ER Corded / DS3678-ER Cordless – advanced capture of 1D/2D bar codes suitable for all ranges, from near contact to the top shelf of a warehouse rack
Just how rugged is the 3600 Ultra-Rugged Series? When it comes to industrial strength, nobody does it better. In fact, the 3600 Series offers the most indestructible design available today, with the highest drop, tumble and sealing specifications for comparable devices. All scanners in this family offer an 8 ft. 2.4 m drop specification that is 23 percent more durable than any other scanner in this class. These scanners continue to operate reliably—even after 5,000 tumbles. Also, only the 3600 family offers IP67 sealing as well as two sealing ratings—IP67 plus IP65—making it dust-tight and waterproof.
When it comes to scanning, the 3600 Series simply shines. Built to out-class its competition in scanning performance, users get advanced scanning technology that enables the first-time every time capture of bar codes faster, farther and in practically any condition—under shrink wrap or damaged, dirty or poorly printed. With six models to choose from, there is a 3600 model designed to meet the specific scanning needs in a warehouse or manufacturing plant.
Scanners should be simple to deploy and even easier to manage. That’s why every 3600 series model comes with our industry-best management tools, compliments of Zebra. 123Scan2 and Scanner Management Service (SMS) work hand-in-hand to minimize management time and cost by automating initial configuration, updating and troubleshooting.
A New Class of Bluetooth Cordless Freedom
The 3600 Series redefines the cordless experience with unparalleled technology that delivers an unmatched user experience. Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy provides lightning fast wireless communications and maximum energy efficiency. With our Zebra Wi-Fi Friendly Mode, users can say goodbye to the wireless interference and problems that Bluetooth devices often cause for Wi-Fi networks. The ‘go-anywhere’ rugged cradle is the only cradle in this class to offer IP65 sealing, with industrial charging contacts that can withstand a quarter of a million insertions. The first-in-its-class battery ‘charge gauge’ provides users with at-a-glance remaining battery power, just like a smartphone. Also, the Zebra PowerPrecision+ battery delivers the ultimate in battery power and management. Your customers get 56 percent more scans-per-charge than competitive devices, plus visibility into a wealth of battery health-related data that makes managing batteries easier than ever—including charge cycles consumed, current battery status and a unique State of Health meter that lets you see at a glance whether batteries are healthy and holding a full charge—or ready for retirement.